Hello and welcome to Red Wellie Girl!
I’m Lori, and here at RWG, I write about thoughtful and authentic travel. If you’d like to travel with purpose and develop a better connection with your destination, this blog is for you.
My goal is to help you live your most meaningful memories on the road. I aim to do this by:
- Sharing thoughtful and authentic travel inspiration, itineraries, stories and tips.
- Delivering current, interesting content from other bloggers and resources who inspire my travel life and can inspire yours too.
- Connecting with you. Each and every reader is very important to me, and I want this site to be about your experiences as well as mine.
Still reading? Great! Let’s get started.
What to do now.
To make sure you don’t miss anything, sign up to receive post updates by e-mail. It’s free, you won’t get spammed (my e-mail service takes care of that!) and I occasionally send out exclusive content to my most loyal readers. You can sign up here:
Next, connect with me on your favourite social platform. Here are my profiles:
Finally, explore the site! I aim to post 1-3 times per week and am always working on new features and projects. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
My Most Popular Posts
- Perissa or Kamari? Santorini Black Beach Vibes (a comparison of the two main black beaches on Santorini, Greece)
- Maroc photo essay – people (a collection of people photographs from my time in Morocco)
- Yoga over Lemons (a rundown of my first yoga retreat in Andalucia, Spain)
My Favourite Travel Experiences
- Eating (and possibly also drinking) the city of Brussels (Belgian beer weekend!)
- Dismounting a Saharan camel (it feels like a county fair ride)
- Falling off a dog sled…twice (A 24-hour husky safari in Finnish Lapland)
Travel that Challenged Me
- I met an Auschwitz Survivor at Auschwitz (pictured above)
- Auschwitz moments that took my breath away (these stay with me even now)
- Latvia – some context (thoughtful connection from a trip to Riga)
How to Navigate Red Wellie Girl
Site layouts can be confusing if you’re new to blogs.
My home page is organised into sections containing new and featured content. Clicking these links will direct you straight to that post or page. If you ever want to read posts in a traditional scrolling blog style, click on Blog.
There are a couple of ways to browse the site. If you’d like to read about a specific location, hover over the Destinations menu tab and follow the drop-downs to select your desired continent and country. That’s where you’ll find posts, tips and stories about that specific country.
If you’d like to see posts related to a travel theme, be it cities, scenery or food, you can click the Travel Inspiration tab and then select the category that interests you from the menu.
Alternatively, you can always use the search field in the right sidebar to find exactly what you’re looking for.
The site has a couple of additional tabs that might interest you as well:
My Expat Life
In 2011, I arrived in London with two suitcases and a pretty relentless drive to live in Europe. Three years later, I am possibly starting to figure this place out. This tab links to my expat exploits, like the time I was unexpectedly and properly overwhelmed by British holiday cheer.
This is a list of my favourite travel sites and resources. It’s a work in progress, so check back often.
Thanks again for visiting!